Employers Don’t Have The Right To Deny You Your Wages
Thanks to federal laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state laws, employees in our country don’t have to worry about whether they are being paid a fair wage, compensated for working overtime, working exceedingly long shifts, having their pay garnished for no reason or allowed time off during times of illness, among other things.
Unfortunately, just because workers in our country shouldn’t have to worry about wage and hour issues doesn’t mean they don’t arise when employers accidentally — or purposefully — violate the law.
At The Grubb Law Group, in Charleston, we believe in protecting the best interests of employees throughout West Virginia. For more than 50 combined years, we have dedicated our practice to protecting employee rights by taking legal action against employers and companies who have violated federal and state wage and hour laws.
If you believe you are the victim of wage theft or another wage and hour violation, contact us, attorneys David L. Grubb and Kristina Thomas Whiteaker, for a free review of your claims and legal options.
Your Rights Under The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) among many things:
- Applies to businesses that gross $500,000 or more per year and to other specific types of businesses
- Provides that qualified employees who work more than 40 hours in a week should receive time and a half pay for the overtime
- Does not provide regulation as to the number and duration of breaks an employer must allow, but individual states may do so
- Specifies minimum wage requirements
We Hold Wage And Hour Violators Accountable
As dedicated employee rights advocates, we’ve successfully filed suit against unscrupulous employers who have violated wage and hour laws by:
- Failing to pay minimum wage
- Misclassifying employees (exempt vs. salaried employees)
- Misclassifying contractors or independent contractors
- Miscalculating or failing to pay overtime
- Unlawfully withholding wages
- Failing to provide adequate time for breaks
- Withholding excessive or improper deductions from wages
Attorneys David L. Grubb and Kristina Thomas Whiteaker are dedicated wage and hour lawyers who truly believe in protecting the best interests of people who have suffered an injustice at the hands of their employer. Whether we’re handing cases for individual contributors or members of a union, we hold employers accountable for violating state and federal wage and hour laws. We never back down without a fight — you can rest assured on that.
Talk To Us — Let Us Fight For You
You work hard at your job to earn a living — now make sure you get what you’re owed. If you feel your employer has taken advantage of state or federal wage and hour laws, contact our Charleston law office immediately. You have a right to your wages, and we will make sure you get what you deserve.