Helping Groups Of People Seek Justice After An Injustice
In most consumer fraud or employment claims, there’s no way of knowing that many people have been injured or cheated in the same way, by the same defendant, until you start investigating the claim. It’s not until after multiple claims arise, all concerning that same issue, that it’s worthwhile to ask a judge to certify the case as a class action (commonly referred to as a class action lawsuit) in order to expedite litigation and help class members recover damages in a timely manner.
At The Grubb Law Group, our extensive experience handling employment law violations as well as consumer fraud cases makes us uniquely equipped to handle class actions in West Virginia. If you believe your employment law or consumer fraud claim is not an isolated one and could be part of a larger issue affecting other people, we want to hear about it and help.
We offer initial consultations to anyone who wants to discuss the details of their case in order to determine if they could be part of a class action. Contact us if you’d like to have our experienced attorneys review your case and discuss your legal options.
We Handle A Range Of Class Action Claims
Too often, class action plaintiffs recover discount coupons or other meaningless tokens from defendants whose liability has been established prior to trial, because the settlement emphasizes fees for the plaintiff’s attorneys. At The Grubb Law Group, our consumer protection lawyers will represent you in an ethical and professional manner.
Having dedicated our careers to consumer protection and workers’ rights before we entered private practice, we’re not about to change our values now that we’re in our professional prime. We work hard to make sure that all class members, including the lead plaintiffs, come out of the litigation with a meaningful recovery on the claim.
We pursue class actions in the following kinds of cases:
- Consumer fraud — We handle a broad range of claims related to deceptive or misleading auto sales, mobile home warranties, product sales and other consumer fraud claims.
- Unfair debt collection practices— Including but not limited to harassing and threatening phones calls, repeated phones after making requests to stop, using deception to force a debtor to pay and other unfair practices.
- Workplace discrimination — We represent clients of all classes and creed who have been discriminated against by their employer, as well as during the application, hiring or interview process.
- Wage and hour claims — We represent groups of employees who have experienced wage theft, not been paid overtime for services rendered, had their wages unlawfully garnished or other violations of state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Credit fraud — Such as loan flipping, loan packing, violations of the federal Truth in Lending Act and other fraudulent credit sales practices.
- Product safety issues — Including but not limited to unsafe, defective or dangerous household products, vehicles, automotive parts, tools and equipment, and other products.
When you retain us to represent you on a consumer claim or employment issue, we’ll be glad to discuss with you the possibility of pursuing class action relief on behalf of hundreds or thousands of your fellow West Virginians. It won’t reduce your recovery, and it will provide an important service for many of your neighbors and fellow citizens.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation Today
If you believe you were the victim of consumer fraud, workplace discrimination, an unsafe product or suffered an injustice in another way, The Grubb Law Group may be able to help you take legal action and recover damages. For more information about our experience and success with class action lawsuits in consumer protection and employee rights litigation, contact The Grubb Law Group.