Kristina Thomas Whiteaker
- Associate, 06/14/2004
KRISTINA THOMAS WHITEAKER is a 2003 graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law. She also received her master's degree in English Literature from Ohio University in 1999 and her undergraduate degree from Marietta College in 1995.
While in law school, she was a member of the West Virginia Law Review, was employed as a graduate research assistant for the National Environmental Services Center and clerked for the West Virginia Public Defender Services.
Kristina is admitted to practice law in West Virginia , the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia. She previously practiced plaintiffs' personal injury law in Charleston with attorney Larry L. Rowe from June of 2003 to June of 2004. Kristina joined The Grubb Law Group in June of 2004.
Kristina specializes in employment discrimination law, representing victims of wrongful discharge, sexual harassment and disability discrimination. She also handles consumer protection cases involving the lemon law, fraud, unfair or deceptive business practices, warranty issues, financing issues, credit fraud and reporting abuse, and fair debt collection. Kristina's practice also concentrates on personal injury claims including car and truck accidents, motor vehicle defects and product liability.
Kristina is the mother of two sons and resides in Pinch with her husband, Ned.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law for Workers
- Age, Disability, Race and Gender Discrimination
- Wrongful Discharge
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiffs
- Truck and Car Accidents
- Interstate Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Consumer Protection
- Lemon Law
- Auto Dealer Deceptive Practices and Fraud
- Mobile Home Defects and Warranty
- West Virginia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2015
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Honors: National Environmental Services Center, Graduate Research Assistant
- Honors: West Virginia Public Defender Services, Clerk
- Ohio University
- Master's Degree - 1999
- Major: English Literature
- Marietta College
- Undergraduate Degree - 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia Employment Law Attorneys (WVELA), Member and Past President
- West Virginia Association for Justice Board of Governors, Member
- WVAJ Executive Committee, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Larry L. Rowe, Associate, June of 2003 to June of 2004